From sweet and smooth classics, to new names, to old names with new music...the focus here, is to shine a little light on some damn fine music.

I'll find it. You can listen, review, or tell me I wouldn't know good music if it kicked me in the ass. I personally don't give a shit.

Friday, February 24, 2012

Stand Back: I Will Not Be Denied

I need a jacuzzi...or at least a vodka.  Now don't go looking at your watch and saying it's barely nine in the morning. It's been that kind of morning...actually it's been that kind of week.

This morning I finally finished something that had been in the works for way over a month.  Whether it would actually get accomplished was in doubt several times over that period.  The next step is out of my hands for the time being. That being said, I need a little something to relax me and make a statement at the same time.

A little Bonnie Raitt, yes.  The ultimate comeback kid, Bonnie has been around for...well it might not be polite to say, just a long time will suffice. After touring and recording for over 20 years with up and down success, her album "Nick of Time" went to the top of the charts and made her the Grammy's sweetheart in 1990. The album is a good place to start if you are just getting into her music. Just don't stop there.  Bonnie Raitt does not do anything badly...taste as much as you can.

So, for my need of relaxation, I need a little something bluesy.  For my statement, this force of nature declares "I Will Not Be Denied.

All's I'm Saying.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment