From sweet and smooth classics, to new names, to old names with new music...the focus here, is to shine a little light on some damn fine music.

I'll find it. You can listen, review, or tell me I wouldn't know good music if it kicked me in the ass. I personally don't give a shit.

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

A Little Lunchtime Jam: Season Of The Witch

Today's taste popped into my head this morning...how it got there, no clue.  Haven't thought about this song in years and yet about 15 minutes ago...I could hear it up there bouncing off all those dead brain cells.

As it turns out, it is also a cover, though having another one today was not my intention. It first saw the light of day when Donovan recorded it in 1966, and had been played live by virtually every band in existence at the time.  Long and sweet, the songs allows for all types of jam interpretations.

In 1968, it appeared on the Super Sessions album with Stephen Stills (Buffalo Springfield, Crosby Stills & Nash), Al Kooper (Blood,Sweat & Tears,The Blues Project) and Mike Bloomfield (Butterfield Blues Band,Electric Flag).  A hugely successful album, it was considered the impetus of the supergroups...such as Blind Faith.and Crosby, Stills and Nash.

Long but lovely...take a long draw on  "Season of the Witch."

Not scary at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment