From sweet and smooth classics, to new names, to old names with new music...the focus here, is to shine a little light on some damn fine music.

I'll find it. You can listen, review, or tell me I wouldn't know good music if it kicked me in the ass. I personally don't give a shit.

Friday, June 29, 2012

Stevie Ray on a Friday...Hell Yeah

Well the day is starting off with great promise.

First of all, it's Friday. Second, I got a nice nod from some friends in high places...or maybe low places...whatever. It's put me in a good mood. And we all know, while the attitude doesn't change much, the world is a much calmer place when Kat is in a good mood.

Feeling the need for some blues AND some rock.  One choice for that...Stevie Ray Vaughn.

Stevie Ray is perhaps the one artist whose passing I lament the most. After giving up the demons, his work was better than ever. Before getting sober, there were times when he was too drunk to sing, so he would sit down at the edge of the stage and...just play. And no one complained. The man was phenomenal. It hurts the heart to think of what might have been.

Texas born and bred, I'm not giving you the details of his life. It's all there, look it up. I just want to pick out some music.

For a fine Friday...or any other day/night/afternoon, I give you Stevie Ray Vaughn.

Start with some blues...

"Texas Flood" 
"The Sky is Crying"
"Sweet Home Chicago"..with a few friends: Eric Clapton, Buddy Guy, Jimmie Vaughn and Robert Cray

Kicking it up a bit...

"Love Struck Baby"
"Couldn't Stand the Weather"
"If the House is a Rockin'" ...this one's for Jim ..nice nod today for you too.

and will she include "Little Wing"  yet AGAIN?  Indeed I will.

Rock it...

.




No comments:

Post a Comment