From sweet and smooth classics, to new names, to old names with new music...the focus here, is to shine a little light on some damn fine music.

I'll find it. You can listen, review, or tell me I wouldn't know good music if it kicked me in the ass. I personally don't give a shit.

Saturday, June 16, 2012

Road Trip Destination: An All-Starr Night

Another Saturday, another night of live music, another road trip..albeit a short one.

Tonight we take a drive from the weekend house in eastern PA and cross the Delaware into New York. Upstate NY that is. Seeing a show at a venue we haven't been to before...Bethel Woods. Home of Woodstock...the real one in 1969.  The show: Ringo Starr's All Starr Band.

Now as much as The Beatles were my first musical influence, I have never seen a Beatle live. Who would have thought that Ringo would be my first. Over the years, I have heard how every incarnation of his All-Starr  Band is so much fun. Tonight I find out for myself...looking forward to it.

This show was a last minute decision, fueled a lot by the tweets of one of the All-Starr Band...Steve Lukather.  Steve is a great guitarist, known primarily as the lead guitarist of Toto.  Steve is also a great tweeter, very personable...very human. His tweets over the past two weeks have covered his anticipation of playing with the rest of the band, and as the days progressed, his excitement in the progress of rehearsal.

Since it doesn't take much to get me pumped to hear new music, those tweets were enough for me. Also the prices at this venue were so much more reasonable than in the NY metro area. So, in a few hours a party of three will jump in the Sabaru for about an hour's drive.

Time for a little traveling music.

Little Feat "Let it Roll" ...one of the best travelin' tunes
War "Low Rider" ....add a little funk to the trip
Stevie Wonder "You Haven't Done Nothing" ...keep it going
ZZ Top "I'm Bad, I'm Nationwide" ...well, just because.

Won't be long before we hit the road...the review of the show tomorrow on the music blog.

Windows down, volume up...and drive.

.

2 comments:

  1. That's gonna be a great time! Enjoy - Ringo's All-Starr Band doesn't disappoint. We've had fun a couple of times seeing them. Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I myself am a graduate of a one year vocational program in recording and music technology. While I gained a pretty good foundation, there are a lot of things I wish I knew ahead of time.

    ReplyDelete