From sweet and smooth classics, to new names, to old names with new music...the focus here, is to shine a little light on some damn fine music.

I'll find it. You can listen, review, or tell me I wouldn't know good music if it kicked me in the ass. I personally don't give a shit.

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Etta: Free..At Last

It seems God needed another blues singer to help out the rest of the incredible choir playing up there, right beside him.  Etta has 'at last' been freed from the suffering she so long endured.

While this blog offered tribute to her in December, in a post titled "Etta James: Let Her Touch Your Heart.", a friend gave me some attitude this morning about not giving her another shout out. And he was right...damn, it hurt to say that.

While another Etta taste is always enjoyable, instead I offer my tribute to her.  A slice of the blues from Elmore James singing what I feel..."The Sky Is Crying."

Easy journey Etta.

No comments:

Post a Comment