From sweet and smooth classics, to new names, to old names with new music...the focus here, is to shine a little light on some damn fine music.

I'll find it. You can listen, review, or tell me I wouldn't know good music if it kicked me in the ass. I personally don't give a shit.

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Thanks Sam...It Wouldn't Have Been The Same Without You

Happy Birthday Sam Phillips...hope wherever you are, you will be "Moanin' at Midnight."  Never heard of Sam?  How about Elvis, Carl Perkins, Roy Orbison, Jerry Lee Lewis, Ike Turner, Howlin Wolf or BB King?  Sam founded Sun Records in Memphis and was responsible for the career starts of all those artists, as well as many more.  Blues, rock-a-billy, rock and country  were all enriched because of the vision of Sam Phillips.


While a tune from Elvis might be expected, instead let's have a taste of Howlin Wolf doing "Shake It For Me" from 1964.


No comments:

Post a Comment