From sweet and smooth classics, to new names, to old names with new music...the focus here, is to shine a little light on some damn fine music.

I'll find it. You can listen, review, or tell me I wouldn't know good music if it kicked me in the ass. I personally don't give a shit.

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Letting It Loose: Melissa Etheridge

"Go on and close your eyes, go on imagine me there
She's got similar features with longer hair
And if that's what it takes to get you through
Go on and close your eyes, it shouldn't bother you."

Ouch.

That is the first thing I ever heard Melissa Etheridge sing.  I don't know if I was more excited by the lyrics or that voice.  The power and the pure rawness of the vocal absolutely knocked me out.


"Now you keep running down the road in your midnight state of mind,
Curiosity kills if you can't read the signs."


Seeing her live is seeing energy unleashed.  Today's taste is "Similar Features" from 1988 CD Melissa Etheridge.

Somebody bring me some water.

No comments:

Post a Comment