From sweet and smooth classics, to new names, to old names with new music...the focus here, is to shine a little light on some damn fine music.

I'll find it. You can listen, review, or tell me I wouldn't know good music if it kicked me in the ass. I personally don't give a shit.

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

It's A Dreary Morning, But The Future's So Bright

Ok, so it is raining again this morning and looks like it will continue until tomorrow. I need something to pick up my mood.

   "things are going great and they're only getting better"

Time for a One-Hit Wonder.

Though technically this band with six albums, and music which has been used in soundtracks for both movies and TV, was not a flash in the pan...there is one song that really defines the group.


  "doing alright, getting good grades,
the future's so bright...I gotta wear shades."

Timbuk3 came out of Wisconsin in the mid-80's and were primarily a husband and wife team.. The single reached #19 on the Billboard Hot 100 and the group received a Grammy Award for Best New Artist in 1987.

This goes out to all those graduating in the next few weeks.
Good luck, it ain't pretty out here.

Just a little fun, promise this song will be in your head all day.

Timbuk3  "The Future's So Bright, I Gotta Wear Shades"

Any suggestions for future "One Hit Wonder" posts, leave a comment below or shoot me an email.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment