From sweet and smooth classics, to new names, to old names with new music...the focus here, is to shine a little light on some damn fine music.

I'll find it. You can listen, review, or tell me I wouldn't know good music if it kicked me in the ass. I personally don't give a shit.

Sunday, May 13, 2012

For Duck Dunn: Serving Up Some More Green Onions

Donald "Duck" Dunn left us yesterday.  On tour and doing what he loved, he went to sleep and never woke up. Another sad note on the list of musicians who are gone. Inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame for his work as the bass player for Booker T & the MGs, he is also remembered for playing himself in The Blues Brothers movie.

In February, one post was devoted to Roy Buchanan doing a cover version of  "Green Onions."
Enjoy again that great rendition and for Duck, have a taste of the original.

Booker T & the MGs "Green Onions"

Easy Journey Duck

.

No comments:

Post a Comment