From sweet and smooth classics, to new names, to old names with new music...the focus here, is to shine a little light on some damn fine music.

I'll find it. You can listen, review, or tell me I wouldn't know good music if it kicked me in the ass. I personally don't give a shit.

Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thanksgiving: You Can Get Anything You Want

Thanksgiving. The day to be thankful.

The one day a year, all of us in America are forced to reflect. Something which should come to each of us as naturally as breathing, is a declared Federal holiday..and for that we are all thankful. But, it is that time of the year when we all start to look back, look around and look inside.

While I didn't get what I wished for last Thanksgiving, that this year all the chairs around the table would be filled by the usual suspects, there is still plenty for which I am grateful.

Now, other than food and football, I only have one other Thanksgiving tradition. No, not the parade. I stopped watching it once they retired Bullwinkle. This tradition has been in effect since long-lost WNEW-FM, the greatest free-form radio station ever, started the annual event decades ago. At noon this year, just like every year, it is time for a listen to the unofficial song of the day.

Put it on in the background and start your holiday with a smile.

Arlo Guthrie "Alice's Restaurant"

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

Thanks, Arlo.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment