From sweet and smooth classics, to new names, to old names with new music...the focus here, is to shine a little light on some damn fine music.

I'll find it. You can listen, review, or tell me I wouldn't know good music if it kicked me in the ass. I personally don't give a shit.

Thursday, May 22, 2014

Don't Want To Be "Running On Empty"

The past week or so has been sort of a blur. A fun blur with music (Springsteen) and interviews (Jamison), and ok, maybe a little alcohol induced bluriness... but I digress.

Anyway it's been a while since I went on a play date over at Lance's MyBlogCanBeatUpYourBlog and did the 100 Word Song Challenge. So this week Renee picked the song, and I think Lance knew this one would sucker me in, so let's just do it.

100 Words using the song as a prompt... however you want to. This week's song is "Running On Empty," by Jackson Browne. 

This time let's take the title literally.

At least twenty miles. Nothing between here and Towson. Not even decent cell service.

For the tenth time in as many minutes, Lenore checked the rear view mirror for the headlights behind her. Too close. Too close for too long.

The red light on the dash had also been on for too long. Not gonna make it.

Hoping he would pass, she slowed, but the hairs on her arms told her all she needed to know. She was in trouble. Capital T type trouble.

As the motor died, Lenore pulled over and watched the headlights behind her do the same.

So my Public Service Announcement for the day is... make sure the damn tank has gas in it.


My Blog Can Beat Up Your Blog

.

2 comments:

  1. Yikes! This is scary. It's one of those moments where you hope you've got something to defend yourself with besides good looks and sharp wit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, indeed. be afraid, be very afraid. thanks debbie

      Delete