From sweet and smooth classics, to new names, to old names with new music...the focus here, is to shine a little light on some damn fine music.

I'll find it. You can listen, review, or tell me I wouldn't know good music if it kicked me in the ass. I personally don't give a shit.

Monday, July 16, 2012

A Celebration Of LIfe

For those who read Kat's Theory of Life along with this music blog, you know lately my life is centered around my father's illness, my mother's determination to make this path in his life as bearable as possible and how a family deals with the stress. It ain't easy. There has also been another family issue with which we've been dealing.

A little over a year ago, my cousin was diagnosed with esophageal cancer. It was a long, hard struggle through surgeries, chemo, radiation, feeding tubes, hospitals and pain. Her battle ended yesterday.

She was a teacher, a daughter, a woman who would give you the shirt off her back. She has moved on to hopefully a better place...but we are still here.

Lesson for today: Tomorrow is promised to no one. Greet this day and every one you are granted with an appreciation of the moment.


"I just want to celebrate another day of livin'
I just want to celebrate another day of life"


A simple taste for today.


Rare Earth "I Just Want To Celebrate"


"I put my faith in the people
But the people let me down
So I turned the other way
And I carry on, anyhow

That's why I'm telling you
I just want to celebrate, yeah, yeah
Another day of living, yeah
I just want to celebrate another day of life

Had my head on the dollar bill
But the dollar bill flew away
But the sun is shining down on me
And it's here to stay

That's why I'm telling you
I just want to celebrate, yeah, yeah
Another day of living, yeah
I just want to celebrate another day of livin'
I just want to celebrate another day of life

Don't let it all get you down, no, no
Don't let it turn you around and around and around and around and around

Well, I can't be bothered with sorrow
And I can't be bothered with hate, no, no
I'm using up the time but feeling fine, every day

That's why I'm telling you I just want to celebrate
Oh, yeah
I just want to celebrate another day
Oh, I just want to celebrate another day of livin'
I just want to celebrate another day of life

Don't let it all get you down, no, no
Don't let it turn you around and around, etc.
Round, round, round, etc.
Don't go round


I just want to celebrate
I just want to celebrate"



Easy Journey Pam.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment