From sweet and smooth classics, to new names, to old names with new music...the focus here, is to shine a little light on some damn fine music.

I'll find it. You can listen, review, or tell me I wouldn't know good music if it kicked me in the ass. I personally don't give a shit.

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Celebrate America: Through The Eyes Of A Cowboy

Today is the fourth of July. In my mind, I had already decided where today's music blog was going. Then around 5:30 this morning one of my twitter followers retweeted a video that spoke to me of America and the dream of what America was...and is  It took me no time at all to decide to make it the focus of today's blog.

Andy Martin Jr. sent me this video from PetaPixel. It is the story of a man's dream to become a cowboy, how he attained that goal, and reached for another. His vision of America is seen through awe-inspiring photographs of his adopted home state of Wyoming. Having seen the beauty of the Wyoming landscape while riding on horseback or by backpacking, Carl Oksanen is able to capture nature...almost intimately.

The mini documentary runs about twelve minutes, grab a cup of coffee, sit back and on this Independence Day, let yourself be reminded of why our forefathers wanted this country to be our own.



Ok, so I couldn't post this without a little music to inspire us...

Singing Woody Guthrie's anthem...Bruce Springsteen and assorted troops live at the finale of SXSW 2012 with "This Land Is Your Land"  ...this is one incredible version of a great song.

Today we celecbrate America.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment