From sweet and smooth classics, to new names, to old names with new music...the focus here, is to shine a little light on some damn fine music.

I'll find it. You can listen, review, or tell me I wouldn't know good music if it kicked me in the ass. I personally don't give a shit.

Saturday, July 6, 2013

Sure... Maybe Not: Uncertainty

Lots of things going on. Nowhere is that more true than in the writing part of my life. It looks like a project which has been in the planning stage for quite a while, is about to launch, and launch big. While I am more than wildly excited, it's also a whole lot of terrifying.

With that in mind, I'm jumping back into Lance's 100 Word Song Challenge this week. This week Melissa from @accordingtomags picked the song, and as usual we write exactly 100 words using the chosen song as a prompt. This week's song is "Uncertainty" by The Fray.

My entry this week is not a story, and much to everyone's joy... it's not even dark. It's just pretty much the conversation that has been running through my brain, which in itself is a very scary place. Enter at your own risk.

"Uncertainty"


“But it involves things I’ve never done before.”
“So.”

“It’s more responsibility than I could have imagined.”
“So.”

“It’s scary.”
“Do you think you can?”

“Yes.”
“Do you want to?”

“Badly.”
“So what’s the problem?”

“I already have so many balls in the air, something’s got to give.”
“So you drop one or two, you’re already spread thin; it’s probably best.”

“But I like them all for different reasons.”
“You’ll know when the time comes.”

“You think so?”
“Don’t you?”

“Maybe; it’s complicated though.”
“Change always is.”

“It’s a new adventure to say the least.”
“Old dog, new tricks.”

 “Woof.”



My Blog Can Beat Up Your Blog

6 comments:

  1. ok that was interesting,deep end of the pool?you are a pretty good swimmer.rock on

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to know about the project now... Nicely done within the 100 word confines. That's tough. I like how you formatted it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Zoe. I'll talk about it as soon as I can. For a while it won't be really visible, but if all goes as planned, it will get pretty exciting. Appreciate you stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent Kat! Whatever it is, go for it. You're right on the money here. If you want something badly and you've got that chance - what are you waiting for? Grab it! Excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So much of life is in the timing. This time I might have just caught it right. Thanks for your support Linda, means a lot.

    ReplyDelete