From sweet and smooth classics, to new names, to old names with new music...the focus here, is to shine a little light on some damn fine music.

I'll find it. You can listen, review, or tell me I wouldn't know good music if it kicked me in the ass. I personally don't give a shit.

Sunday, June 9, 2013

A Little About A Lady We Lost

Tonight I am incredibly sad. The world has lost a dear soul, a sweet woman, and a diehard Yankee fan.

Her name was Millie and she was my ex-mother-in-law. She was arguably the best mother-in-law on the face of the earth. From the first time we met, which was a spur of the moment visit to her home, she was gracious and non-judgmental. I remember her saying to me as I left that night, to be sure to come back again. I did, and in fact never lost touch with her life through the last twenty-something years.

She loved life, even as much of it was hard for her. A widow with three young children while in her thirties, she raised them all, and raised them well. She loved being on the go, loved a good party, loved being with people. For most of the time I was in the family, she worked in Manhattan and she loved the city. In the mid-80's when her daughter and I wanted to see Springsteen, she stood in line to get a bracelet which entitled you to get a ticket. Then she returned to get the tickets. She was as much at home going to a James Taylor concert as she was a Broadway play.

Everyone loved her. She was just... Mil.

Please extend me a little slack with the song I'm using tonight, I'm taking a little poetic license with the lyrics. Really, it's just about the title and the feeling.

A beautiful song for a beautiful lady. From the Commodores and Lionel Richie, "Three Times a Lady."

Easy Journey Mil.


2 comments:

  1. Sorry for your loss and the family's as well. Mil sounds like a gem who held a special place in your heart ... seems like rightfully so. xo

    ReplyDelete