From sweet and smooth classics, to new names, to old names with new music...the focus here, is to shine a little light on some damn fine music.

I'll find it. You can listen, review, or tell me I wouldn't know good music if it kicked me in the ass. I personally don't give a shit.

Saturday, February 2, 2013

When the Water Gets Muddy, It's Time for Some Blues

It's been a long, cold week. Dear lord, I am in need of some serious blues. Serious blues.

McKinley Morganfield died April 30, 1983 at approximately 70 years of age. His date of birth has long been in question but his impact on the American blues scene has not. He has been ranked as one of the top 100 musicians of all time, and influenced virtually every American and British rock or blues group from the 60's. Zeppelin, Cream, Hendrix, the Stones.. Hendrix is quoted as saying about him "I first heard him as a little boy and it scared me to death." The Rolling Stones got their name from one of his songs.

The king of Chicago Blues, a member of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, the Blues Foundation Hall of Fame and recipient of the Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award. Hell, they even issued a postage stamp in his honor.

Still can't place the name? How about what his friends called him: Muddy Waters.

Let's just taste a few of his best tunes. They are bound to warm you from the inside out.

Mr. Muddy Waters

"Hoochie Coochie Man"
"Got My Mojo Working"
"Baby Please Don't Go"
"They Call Me Muddy Waters"

ah yes.
I know I'm feeling much, much better.

.

2 comments: