From sweet and smooth classics, to new names, to old names with new music...the focus here, is to shine a little light on some damn fine music.

I'll find it. You can listen, review, or tell me I wouldn't know good music if it kicked me in the ass. I personally don't give a shit.

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Early Morning, April 4

"Shot rings out in the Memphis sky,
free at last, they took your life, 
they could not take your pride."


1968: a time of conflict, a time of change, a time of incomprehensible violence.

April 4, 1968 Martin Luther King Jr. was assassinated in Memphis Tennessee. A man who lived by the credo of non-violence was gunned down, thus ending his dream..but not his legacy.

Two simple songs to commemorate his passing.

U2 "Pride (In the Name of Love)"
Dion "Abraham, Martin & John"

Never forget what he accomplished without violence.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment