From sweet and smooth classics, to new names, to old names with new music...the focus here, is to shine a little light on some damn fine music.

I'll find it. You can listen, review, or tell me I wouldn't know good music if it kicked me in the ass. I personally don't give a shit.

Monday, December 31, 2012

Turning Up The Heat For New Year's Eve


Another New Year's Eve.

Going out can be enjoyable, but staying in can be more fun, if you know what I mean.

Last year, I set up a nice hot list of songs to get cozy to, and I take no credit or responsibility for any family additions which may have arrived come September.

Let's see if we can continue the tradition this year.


A little slow dancin' to set the mood, and who to better start it off than Smokey...
"You've Really Got A Hold On Me" ...just the right amount of heat to start the night

Southside Johnny & the Asbury Jukes "The Fever" ...you can go with Bruce's version, but I like Johnny's soulful licks.

The Rascals "How Can I Be Sure" ...add a glass of wine and a little candlelight

Springsteen "Human Touch" ...strip down the defenses, raw emotion now

Bryan Adams "Do I Have To Say The Words" ...yes, yes you do

Kenny Wayne Sheperd Band "Somehow, Somewhere, Someday" ...a little bad intent is a good thing

Melissa Etheridge "I Want You" ...let's get real now, turning up the heat

Lou Gramm "Warmest Rising Sun" ...time for truth, it's all that matters

Joe Cocker "You Can Leave Your Hat On" ...c'mon girls, you have to do a little work too

And because you really can't do a getting laid list without the man himself...
Marvin "Let's Get It On" ...just do it already

Ok, everybody feeling better...
Ready for another round? Go with this...

Faith Hill  "Breathe" ... guys, trust me on this

Happy New Year.
Let Your Love Flow.

.

6 comments:

  1. Spotify list created - thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great list of songs. I like them all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. glad you like them...hope you enjoy them tonight too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. well, I know what kind of mood you were in last night.

    The Kinks' original of You Really Got Me is one of the greatest riffs of all time. Ray and Dave were ahead of their time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, I'm a moody girl. Excellent selection with the Kinks, the original punk band. Love the drive in it. Too bad those two boys couldn't get along.

      Delete