From sweet and smooth classics, to new names, to old names with new music...the focus here, is to shine a little light on some damn fine music.

I'll find it. You can listen, review, or tell me I wouldn't know good music if it kicked me in the ass. I personally don't give a shit.

Friday, December 14, 2012

The Song Remains the Same: Hold On

It's been a bit of a wild week. Stuff, and lots of it happening. Besides the usual list of must-do's, we had a hell of a music night on Wednesday. No way in the world I would not see the end of the 12-12-12 Concert, so I started yesterday on 3 hours of sleep. Throw in a trip to NYC last night for a live show and this morning, a Friday no less, is not all sunshine and rainbows.

But it's still time to get a little music out.

In today's episode of The Song Remains the Same, we have a very popular title. I know of at least ten songs with it, and because the genres are so varied, I'm putting up four different songs with the same title.

Song of the day is: Hold On

First up:

Pearl Jam : "Hold On"
Tom Waits: "Hold On"
Wilson Phillips "Hold On"
Kansas "Hold On"

Cast your vote, suggest another version of "Hold On" or go away quietly. It's Friday, do what you feel.

.

2 comments:

  1. Greetings again from England !!

    I'll go away quietly, but first... I have to give a shout to Deep Purple !!

    They did a 'Hold On' on their 'Stormbringer' Lp many moons ago - now I'll slink off for the week end.

    Have a good one !!

    Ishmael

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ismael, good to hear from you. As I was out during lunch, I happened to hear another song as well. John Lennon did a song titled "Hold On" from the John Lennon/Plastic Ono Band.

      Delete