For the most part, radio in the U.S. plays crap. There's some good stuff out there, but you'd never know it. That ends right now.

From sweet and smooth classics, to new names, to old names with new music...the focus here, is to shine a little light on some damn fine music.

I'll find it. You can listen, review, or tell me I wouldn't know good music if it kicked me in the ass. I personally don't give a shit.

Friday, December 14, 2012

The Song Remains the Same: Hold On

It's been a bit of a wild week. Stuff, and lots of it happening. Besides the usual list of must-do's, we had a hell of a music night on Wednesday. No way in the world I would not see the end of the 12-12-12 Concert, so I started yesterday on 3 hours of sleep. Throw in a trip to NYC last night for a live show and this morning, a Friday no less, is not all sunshine and rainbows.

But it's still time to get a little music out.

In today's episode of The Song Remains the Same, we have a very popular title. I know of at least ten songs with it, and because the genres are so varied, I'm putting up four different songs with the same title.

Song of the day is: Hold On

First up:

Pearl Jam : "Hold On"
Tom Waits: "Hold On"
Wilson Phillips "Hold On"
Kansas "Hold On"

Cast your vote, suggest another version of "Hold On" or go away quietly. It's Friday, do what you feel.

.

2 comments:

  1. Greetings again from England !!

    I'll go away quietly, but first... I have to give a shout to Deep Purple !!

    They did a 'Hold On' on their 'Stormbringer' Lp many moons ago - now I'll slink off for the week end.

    Have a good one !!

    Ishmael

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ismael, good to hear from you. As I was out during lunch, I happened to hear another song as well. John Lennon did a song titled "Hold On" from the John Lennon/Plastic Ono Band.

      Delete