From sweet and smooth classics, to new names, to old names with new music...the focus here, is to shine a little light on some damn fine music.

I'll find it. You can listen, review, or tell me I wouldn't know good music if it kicked me in the ass. I personally don't give a shit.

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

We're Having a Party: Let's Start the Show


So, Happy Birthday to me.

While I wait to see if I get the present I really want, I've decided to give myself a gift. The gift of music. I'm giving myself a rock concert. Last week's 121212 Concert...ha. I've invited some of the best of all time, even a few who are no longer with us, and yes, they've agreed to sing a song or two for my big day.

Some of these songs have been featured in past blogs. Some are my favorites, some are songs I've enjoyed seeing done live, some are songs by an artist I might have seen, but never heard that song done live. You may also notice that many are sung by hot guys...well, it's my party and there aren't many things I enjoy more than watching a good looking man singing a song. There I've said it. I may be adding another year on my age, but I ain't dead yet.

So in no particular order, mainly because I didn't have time to think about how the line-up should go...

Chris Isaac "Wicked Games" ...ok, so let's start with hot and go from there.
Kenny Wayne Shepherd Band "Blue on Black" ...with Noah Hunt singing lead...again, hot
Bon Jovi "Dead or Alive" ...I'm a cowboy. Yes, yes you are.
Crosby, Still & Nash "Suite Judy Blue Eyes" ...great clip with Stephen showing how it's done
Robert Plant & Alison Krauss "Killing the Blues" ...breathtakingly beautiful
The Band "The Weight"  ...if only, one more time
Joe Cocker "Hitchcock Railway"  ...start the feet moving
Jackson Brown "You Love the Thunder" ...a hard choice deciding which song by Jackson to use
The Monroes "What Do All The People Know" ...one of my fave one-hit wonders
Meat Loaf "Bat out of Hell" ...11 minutes of theatrical perfection
Tom Petty "Free Fallin" ...always loved the chorus, cause don't we all want to sometimes
Stevie Wonder "Higher Ground" ...also hard to choose with Stevie
Sam & Dave "Hold On. I'm Comin' " ...a no brainer and a great live video
The Rascals "I Ain't Gonna Eat Out My Heart Anymore" ...my hometown boys....SURE
Seal "I Can't Stand the Rain" ...great version of a timeless song
Little Feat "Let it Roll" ...feet don't fail me now
Steve Winwood "Still in the Game" ...another hard choice, but I've never seen him do this live
Tracy Chapman "You're the One" ...the voice, melody, lyrics...excellent
Eric Clapton "Layla" ...electric, it never gets tired...cause uh Layla
Jimi Jamison "When Love Comes Down" ...really, did you think he wouldn't make the list. Never seen this live and I love the vocal.
Bruce Springsteen "Candy's Room" ...Max has to be on drums. And Bruce can do another five or ten songs...his choice, all fine with me.
Dobie Gray "Drift Away" ...cause that about sums it all up and it's the best song ever written about music. Period.

Not a bad night for me. Hopefully the usual suspects will be wearing some leather...a girl gets her wish granted on her birthday doesn't she? There's at least twenty more songs I would love to hear, but I don't have the extra cash to pay the unions for overtime. Listen to as many as you like.

Happy Birthday to me. Who wants to hang out for the show? Bring your own beer, and somebody better bring a cake. Chocolate.

Now where are my dancin' boots...

.

6 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! Thanks for the sharing the great gift :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi again...

    Just to say "Happy Birthday".... and to wish you many, many more of
    them !!

    In Friendship....

    Ishmael & Clan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, hope you can hear the music across the pond!

      Delete

  3. Birthday Wishes and hugs all around to my Sista............Rock and Roll ...xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks hon, I know you brought some booze to the party. no retreat baby, no surrender.

    ReplyDelete