From sweet and smooth classics, to new names, to old names with new music...the focus here, is to shine a little light on some damn fine music.

I'll find it. You can listen, review, or tell me I wouldn't know good music if it kicked me in the ass. I personally don't give a shit.

Saturday, December 1, 2012

The Song Remains the Same...Or Does It?

The other day I thought up another way to either A) excite my readers with a new feature or B) make my readers groan and run away in droves. Hopefully more A than B, but what the hell. As Mr. Fogarty told us...just keep on chooglin.


I give you Kat's Theory of Music's...The Song Remains the Same.

What we're gonna do is showcase two completely different songs...with the same title. Then if anyone chooses, they can rate one, both, leave a comment or suggestion for another go round. See, not that painful.

The opening act for this feature consists of one song from the 60's and one from 1980.
Today's tasty treat is "Anyway You Want It"

First up a typical 60's fast paced, catchy tune by British band the Dave Clark Five, followed by the opening track off the Departure album by Journey.

Take a listen to both, leave a comment or rating, if you choose.

Dave Clark Five "Anyway You Want It"
Journey "Anyway You Want It"

I kinda like it both ways.

.

8 comments:

  1. This is the way I want it kat ! Nice twist for today's music blog...........

    ReplyDelete
  2. No contest on this one for me. Neal Schon's solo on this song is killer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great new feature. I don't know if you know this about me but I'm very anti-Journey, especially with Steve Perry. I prefer the Dave Clark Five version because at least it's a Beatles derivative and they're awesome.

    looking forward to the next one

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting about the Perry view. I do like the Perry era, especially so much more than the Arnell era of today. The pre-Perry stuff was great, but personally, I love a band with a vocally real strong front man. Also love the DC5 song...because back in the day... ha, thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gotta go with the Journey version. Always been a fan.

    ReplyDelete
  6. yeah, was pretty sure you would vote that way. not that I disagree.

    ReplyDelete