From sweet and smooth classics, to new names, to old names with new music...the focus here, is to shine a little light on some damn fine music.

I'll find it. You can listen, review, or tell me I wouldn't know good music if it kicked me in the ass. I personally don't give a shit.

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

"Write This Down"...but what is it?

So, as happens from time to time, 'the uncle' calls me up in the middle of the day and says "write this down." So I do.  Now 'the uncle' drives a cab these days and as with the rest of his life, he has too much free time on his hands. But he also has a free ear, so when he hears a song or a band he thinks I might like..well I get the phone call.

Our taste today is the result of one of those calls. Now because he might be driving when he hears something interesting, I don't always get all the information about it...like if it's the name of a band or the title of the song. Such was the case with this selection. However, in researching it, a band with a great sound was discovered.

The band is the subdudes and the song was "Papa Dukie & the Mud People."  Out of New Orleans, the subdudes have been playing together off and on since 1987. Blues-Americana roots based...throw in some cajun-zydeco influence with some rock and soul...what you end up is a joyful blend of voices and instruments.

Take a listen.

"Papa Dukie & the Mud People" ...was it a band or a song. well, it's one real good song

And, a  few more tastes to enjoy.

"Late at Night"
"Need Somebody"
"Street Symphony" 
"Standing Tall"

Good stuff to start the day, rock out for lunch or make the evening go just right.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment