From sweet and smooth classics, to new names, to old names with new music...the focus here, is to shine a little light on some damn fine music.

I'll find it. You can listen, review, or tell me I wouldn't know good music if it kicked me in the ass. I personally don't give a shit.

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

On The Road To Bamboozle

Indeed, the judgement has been rendered.

After Saturday's regional finals in the Big Break contest, the bands who performed needed to wait until 6:00 PM last night for the results. What we learned at that time was what we felt in our hearts all along.  The best band was "Something About January."

SAJ will get to play at Bamboozle along with Bon Jovi, The Foo Fighters and many other great bands. There is one last hurdle though. On Sunday, May 6th, they will have a final showdown at the legendary Stone Pony in Asbury Park, between the five regional winners to decide who get to play on the main stage. Unfortunately, because of a conflicting rock concert in Pennsylvania that night, I will only be at the Pony in spirit. Don't feel bad for me, I'll be having a kick-ass time with some old friends "Survivor" at Penn's Peak.

Congratulations to Sparta NJ's own "Something About January" on making it to the dance...one more step to go.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment