From sweet and smooth classics, to new names, to old names with new music...the focus here, is to shine a little light on some damn fine music.

I'll find it. You can listen, review, or tell me I wouldn't know good music if it kicked me in the ass. I personally don't give a shit.

Thursday, February 9, 2012

It's A Renaissance Day: Ashes Burning

In the late 70s, the music scene was so diverse you could hear heavy metal, folk, rock, soul and everything in-between.  At that time, there were several English progressive rock bands...Emerson, Lake & Palmer being the most recognized.  Another band combining rocked-out classical music, incredible musicianship and intricately written songs...Renaissance also had another weapon added to the mix. The incredible five-octave range of Annie Haslam.

Seeing them live in a local college auditorium, I remember standing there with my jaw dropping.  The vocals blew you away, and when you recovered you realized the band was going to take you for one hell of a wild ride.  Now Renaissance is definitely not everyone's cup of tea. I get that, but the purpose of this blog is to just expose new, old and just some wonderful songs & artists.

Close your eyes and let that voice amaze you...then listen to what is going on behind the vocal. Today's taste is the title track from the "Ashes Are Burning"

So hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment