From sweet and smooth classics, to new names, to old names with new music...the focus here, is to shine a little light on some damn fine music.

I'll find it. You can listen, review, or tell me I wouldn't know good music if it kicked me in the ass. I personally don't give a shit.

Saturday, November 3, 2012

Hurricane Sandy: Shelter From The Storm


This week was consumed by dealing with Hurricane Sandy. Though my life was inconvenienced by loss of power only, living through everything else has taken a toll both physically and emotionally. There were many things to take care of, many people to check on. While I've been writing on the Life blog, the Music blog had been put on the back-burner. Next week, things should be back to normal.

Today will be another quickie. This is another round of the 100-word song challenge on Lance's myblogcanbeatupyourblog. As a nod to the Hurricane and all of us dealing with the aftermath, young Lance has chosen wisely. "Shelter From The Storm," by Bob Dylan.

Here's my entry:

"As the blackened flood water rose inside her home, Lila never once thought about why she had stayed. In her mind, whether she drowned like the rat stuck in her deck railing, or swallowed the lethal cocktail she had prepared, it really didn't matter. The rat thing did make her uneasy though.

Drowning would make her death less complicated. Choosing to ride out the storm would be looked at as a bad decision, nothing more. For once in her life, her timing was impeccable.

With the icy water rushing over her, Lila smiled; hopeful she had finally found her sanctuary."

A little dark perhaps, but it's been that kind of week.


2 comments:

  1. My middle daughter's name is Lyla. I like the dakr imagery and real life angst. thanks for playing 100 word song again....also looking forward to your Sprocket Ink posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh, sorry for the unfortunate name choice. my first thought was a hopeful ending, it didn't write itself that way. thanks for your support of our battered seacoast and for having my back. looking forward to being a sprocket.

    ReplyDelete