From sweet and smooth classics, to new names, to old names with new music...the focus here, is to shine a little light on some damn fine music.

I'll find it. You can listen, review, or tell me I wouldn't know good music if it kicked me in the ass. I personally don't give a shit.

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Let's Start With A Look Back

To start off this new blog, I'm going to repeat something I wrote about in my other blog "Kat's Theory of Life."  It was about the passing of Dobie Gray. 


Dobie Gray gave us one of the best songs written about music...ever.  Drift Away was released in 1973 and remains one of the catchiest, smoothest pop songs of all time.


"give me the beat boys, and free my soul. i wanna get lost in your rock & roll...and drift away."


This video from the 70's shows the true joy of the song.  It has an abrupt ending...but by then you will get the feeling.  If you don't...my heart aches for you.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tsDI2xIFEU


close your eyes and taste it.

1 comment:

  1. No arguments here - well about Dobie. Look forward to hearing what you find. Rock on.

    ReplyDelete