From sweet and smooth classics, to new names, to old names with new music...the focus here, is to shine a little light on some damn fine music.

I'll find it. You can listen, review, or tell me I wouldn't know good music if it kicked me in the ass. I personally don't give a shit.

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Slippin' Into Darkness, 100 Words

Yesterday was one drag-ass day. Nothing could speed it up. Must have been a slow one for Lance as well, because he decided to give his blog a face-lift, go check it out at Myblogcanbeatupyourblog. He also asked me to pick the song for his weekly meme, the 100-Word Song.

Fair enough. After some thought, I decided to go classic (no great surprise) but not melodic. A little something with enough meat to tell a story, but also something the readers of my blog wouldn't mind hearing.

Write 100 words with the song as inspiration. My choice, and as you will read, this is all about making a choice, is "Slippin' Into Darkness" by War.

There were no shadows, Cillia knew that. It was all black and white. She realized who he was, and more importantly, she knew what he was. Now she needed to know who she was. The choice was hers, and this was the night she needed to make it.

Almost dressed, it was time. Was it fear staring back at her in the mirror? Or was it shame? Oddly, she felt unconsciously the choice had already been made, though her mind remained uncertain.

Then she knew.

As she slowly slipped into the black stilettos, Cillia felt her own significance slipping away.


My Blog Can Beat Up Your Blog

2 comments: