From sweet and smooth classics, to new names, to old names with new music...the focus here, is to shine a little light on some damn fine music.

I'll find it. You can listen, review, or tell me I wouldn't know good music if it kicked me in the ass. I personally don't give a shit.

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Smokin' Joe Kubek and Bnois King

And they don't call him Smokin' Joe for nothing.

Joe Kubek grew up in Irving Tx, and his guitar playing was so hot that he was touring with blues great Freddie "The Texas Cannonball" King, while still a teenager. That was in the 70's. In the 80's he met Louisiana vocalist/guitarist Bnois King and the two figured out that they were twice as good together than they were alone, and have been together ever since.

Kubek, as his nickname acknowledges, smokes on the guitar. Bluesy and burning hot, there's some real good guitar playing going on there. King delivers sweet blues vocals and plays a smoother guitar. Together they offer up music that you can feel in both your gut and your soul.

Some real tasty blues stew served up now.

Smokin' Joe Kubek and Bnois King

"I Need More"
"Smokin' Joe's Cafe"
"Make It Right"

I think this deserves a HELL YEAH.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment