From sweet and smooth classics, to new names, to old names with new music...the focus here, is to shine a little light on some damn fine music.

I'll find it. You can listen, review, or tell me I wouldn't know good music if it kicked me in the ass. I personally don't give a shit.

Sunday, September 16, 2012

I'm Begging...Mercy, Mercy, Mercy

I'm still feeling the effects of the 3 1/2 hours it took to write the last post. Actually to have done a proper job, I would probably be still at it. But there comes a time sometime after one night turns into early morning, when you need to hit "publish." Today all I ask is for a little mercy.

So, I'm just gonna offer a quick shot of an old (how I hate to use that word when I refer to a song I grew up with, but I digress), real tasty treat.

The Buckinghams were a Chicago based band which formed in 1966 and had their first hit a year later with a song called "Kind of a Drag." They were quite the flavor of the month for a while with several songs charting in the top ten.

One of those songs, we will sample today.

Starts with some big horns, a little bluesy, a little soul. Just (as we would say in those days of the British Invasion) fab. A real different sound for the band and the time.

Love this song to this day.

"You see she's got the kind of lovin'
Kissin' and a huggin'
Sure is mellow
Glad that I'm her fellow
And I know, that she knocks me off my feet
Have mercy on me"

The Buckinghams "Mercy, Mercy Mercy"

Just fab.

.

1 comment:

  1. I didn't recognize the title at first..but when I listened I recognized the song. Catchy little tune. :)

    ReplyDelete