From sweet and smooth classics, to new names, to old names with new music...the focus here, is to shine a little light on some damn fine music.

I'll find it. You can listen, review, or tell me I wouldn't know good music if it kicked me in the ass. I personally don't give a shit.

Friday, August 24, 2012

Road Trip: Newport Bound

It's been a long hard road, these past few months. Tomorrow...time for a double dose of R&R. A little Rest and Relaxation...and a little Rock&Roll. It's gonna be a good day.

Look out Newport, this force of nature will be blowing into town tomorrow. Now, I'm a Northeast girl. Love the New England states...fits my style. Newport is pretty much the start of all good things, as far as I'm concerned. Beautiful coastline, ocean breezes, and chowdah. Yeah baby...fresh seafood and chowder, the way it should be. My hardest decision tomorrow will be if I crack a beer with my clams and lobster...or pop the wine bottle. It's gonna be a good day.

After an afternoon of enjoying the town, it's off to the Naval base. Sailors...yes, but not the focus of the excursion. Friends of this blog, rock group Survivor, will be "putting it all on the line" for the troops and a few friends who've decided to stop by. Oh yeah, and there will be lots of sailors too :)  And fireworks. It's gonna be a good day.

So I need a few road songs for the trip.

Allman Brothers "Jessica" ...can't tell you how many road trips there have been where this has started the journey
Edwin Starr "25 Miles"...  come on feet, start movin'...got to get me there
Aretha "Freeway of Love" ...the first lady getting a groove on
Sammy Hagar "I Can't Drive 55" ...well, i can't
Wilson Pickett "Mustang Sally" ...nobody does it better

And to get me ready for the show...

Survivor "Feels Like Love"

"If your feet ain't tappin', baby you're dead."

Damn, it's gonna be a great day.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment